08 Aug POLICE DEPARTMENT IS HIRING!
Are you passionate about making a positive impact in the community & the lives of others?
We are looking for diverse problem solvers with a desire to effect positive change within our community. Working in Hayden provides the unique opportunity to be part of a small, tightly-knit, and innovative organization. The core values at the Town of Hayden are efficiency, fiscal responsibility, integrity, transparency, and trust. The ideal candidate is professional, motivated, and seeking new challenges and opportunities in a thriving community.
If you are committed to excellence, high quality service delivery, leadership development, and a terrific place to work, this may be the opportunity for you. Our Officers protect the lives, safety, health, and welfare of Hayden residents.
job duties & responsibilities
- Patrols within the corporate limits to deter illegal activities & to protect & preserve the peace.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Responds to dispatch calls and investigates citizen complaints and reported breaches of peace.
- Performs preliminary investigations at crime scenes, traffic accident scenes, disturbances etc.
- Prepares citations and summonses necessary to charge individuals with violations of ordinances, statutes and laws.
- Appears in municipal, county and district courts to offer testimony relative to the investigation and charging of individuals.
- Performs follow-up investigations including the collection, preservation and analysis of physical evidence, the interviewing of witnesses and suspects, the surveillance of suspects, the checking of suspect backgrounds and statements, etc.
- May counsel parents and juveniles relative to juvenile cases. May cooperate with court officials, social workers and agencies, etc., in the filing of charges, the deferral of sentencing, the placement of juveniles in alternative environmental settings, etc., as provided by the Colorado Children’s Code.
- Prepares supplemental records and reports necessary to obtain warrants, for the preparation of charges, to document investigations, to close and/or clear cases, etc.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary dependent on position type, qualifications, & experience. 100% paid health, vision & dental insurance premiums for employee & dependents. 100% employer match, up to 7% of compensation, to 457(b). 10 wks parental leave.