21 Jun HIRING: Part-Time, Summer Position
The Town of Hayden is accepting applications for a part-time seasonal summer position at the Hayden Center. The starting wage ranges from $15/hr.-$17/hr.
A full job description can be found below or downloaded here.
Applications must be submitted to Town of Hayden, Andrea Salazar email@example.com .
Deadline for receiving applications is open until filled but first reviews will begin Tuesday, July 5th, 2022.
** Town of Hayden is an Equal Opportunity ** Employer.
GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
PART-TIME SEASONAL (SUMMER) for the Hayden Center
Department: Parks and Recreation/Hayden Center
Position: Guest Services Representative
Wage Status:Hourly; As Assigned, =20 – 30 hours perweek.
Wage Range: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
Supervisor: Parks and Recreation Director
Updated: January, 2021 Approved by: Mathew Mendisco, Town Manager
This job description is established by the Town of Hayden (Town) to outline the basic requirements, duties and general responsibilities of the position of Guest Services Representative. This position is “at will”, which means the Town may terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason, subject only to the requirements of Federal and State law. Similarly, the employee may terminate the employment relationship without notice at any time for any reason.
The Guest Services Representative provides high-quality customer service for Patrons accessing Parks and Recreation services and assisting in the effective administration and operation of the Hayden Center, while handling day to day transactions such as program registrations, room reservations, point of sale/cash handling, and customer accounts and membership inquiries.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are an overview of the primary duties and responsibilities of the Guest Services Representative and do not constitute an all-inclusive list. These duties and responsibilities establish a flexible, functional base from which the employee operates. The duties and responsibilities may also be modified with additions, deletions or changes as required to assist in obtaining organizational goals and objectives.
Guest Services Representative
- Serves as the first contact for all guests entering the Hayden Center, and consistently provides a high-quality customer service experience by appropriately responding to patrons’ inquiries about Town programs, special events, use of Town parks and facilities including day-to day operations of the Hayden Center
- Performs various transactions through the Town’s point-of-sale and registration software and/or parks and facilities reservations system including; program registration, membership sales, patron account adjustments, member and guest check-in, field scheduling, room/pavilion rentals; applies systems knowledge to troubleshoot/rectify errors, perform transaction corrections, refunds or other modifications
- Operates a variety of equipment, including but not limited to; computers, copy machines, multi-line phone system, voice and email messaging, radios, television/stereo systems, and fitness room equipment to effectively assist and/or direct incoming patron or internal staff inquiries
- Performs cash handling duties, including cash, check, and credit/debit payment reconciliation; performs customer account debits or credits; ensures petty cash and cash in drawers are reconciled, assists with vending reconciliation; generates individual cash receipts reports and/or prepares end of day total receipts reports for Finance Division
- Performs opening and closing procedures and daily walk-through inspections of the Hayden Recreation Center; is able to effectively troubleshoot situations that may arise; continually monitors front desk, lobby, lounge and fitness room areas; provides assistance and ensures adherence to rules, policies, and guidelines by the public, volunteers, and staff
- May be assigned general administrative projects or tasks including but not limited to; vending/pro shop and administrative supplies inventory tracking, ordering, expense processing budget monitoring and reporting; software systems data entry; network files maintenance; and accounts payable or receivable tasks that support the Finance Division
- Works, and directs others to work, in a safe manner including; appropriate use of equipment, tools and materials consistent with the manufacturer or product directions or specifications, and use of industry accepted safe working methods and techniques
- Demonstrates initiative that supports the Town’s vision, mission and core value statements
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of, and compliance with, the Town’s rules, policies, and procedures, as contained in the Town’s handbooks, manuals, and Department/Division handbooks
Mandatory Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Possess at the time of hire/promotion or obtain within 90 days and maintain a valid AED, adult and child CPR and First Aid certifications. Town will provide the opportunity for training
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job
- Shift availability considerations
- Works early morning, evening, split-shift, and/or weekend shifts b. Works a variety of shift times; covers shifts on short notice
Desired Qualifications and Requirements
- Excellent background in reservation systems, cash handling, customer service, and office operations including management of part-time people and scheduling of shifts for other office/employees.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the Spanish language.
- Possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s License with good driving record
Working Environment/ Physical Requirements
This position primarily involves sedentary, administrative work; however, a guest service specialist must also be able to assist patrons and other staff in all areas of the Hayden Center.
- Moderate physical activity is required; for example, the ability to lift items in excess of 50 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds frequently
- This position requires sitting or standing at a desk for an extended period of time, working for extended periods on a computer, talking on the telephone, standing, walking, kneeling, stooping/bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, gripping, reaching over head, reaching away from the body, and repetitive motion
- This position demands frequent use of sensory activities such as talking, seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling (identifying objects by touch), depth perception and color vision
- Constant, positive interaction with Town employees and volunteers, supervisors, patrons, and the public is required; and
- This position will involve periods of high mental and/or emotional stress.
Town of Hayden is an Equal Opportunity Employer: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. This job description is not a contract, but merely an overview of the various job duties and skills needed to perform the job. The description is not intended to be contractual commitment of the Town of Hayden, and will not be construed as such by any employee or potential employee. The Town of Hayden has the right to change, supplement, or revoke the description at any time without notice. No permanent employment for any term is intended or should be implied from the statements contained in the job description.