HAYDEN AREA ATTRACTIONS
Hayden, Colorado, is home to the Routt County Fairgrounds and many area parks and attractions.
- Routt County Fairgrounds
- Hayden Heritage Center
- Hayden Walking Tour
- The Nature Conservancy’s Carpenter Ranch – Limited summer hours for birdwatching and nature trail walking.
- Yampa River State Park
- Hayden Town Parks
- Hayden Town Park 229 South 3rd Street: playground equipment, basketball court, tennis courts, sand volleyball court, pavilion/restrooms, barbecue grills, and picnic tables.
- Joyce Cless Memorial Park – 101 S. Chestnut Street: On Jefferson Avenue. picnic tables and restrooms
- Dry Creek Park 513 South Poplar Street: 20 acre property with large pond and fishing dock, three baseball fields, one multi-use field; an 18-hole disc golf course, and a one-mile soft surface walking and snowsports path; large covered pavilion with picnic tables and a charcoal bbq grill. Public restrooms are available.
- Hayden Skate Park 350 South Poplar Street: Skate Park with numerous ramps.
- Vista Verde Park 352 Vista Verde Drive: multi-purpose grassy area designed for free play. Shade is minimal.
- Lake Village Park 326 Lake View Road: playgrounds as well as a multi-purpose grassy area designated for free play. Shade is minimal.
- Disc Golf Course, 18 holes at Dry Creek Park
- Tennis courts at Town Park on Third Street
- Walking path at Dry Creek Park
- Fishing at Dry Creek Park Pond
- Hayden Skate Park
- Stokes Gulch Motocross Track south of Hayden is managed by the town and open during the warmer months as weather allows. Memberships are required and available at Town Hall.
- Youth baseball; softball; sports skills; basketball; wrestling and tumbling programs
- Totally Kids offers Youth Football; Soccer; T-ball; Cheerleading Club and Swim Programs;
Adult Sports Leagues & Lessons
- Adult sports leagues are offered by the city of Craig Parks & Recreation Department.
- Hockey leagues and ice skating are available at the indoor Moffat County Ice Arena in Craig.
- Swimming lessons are available at the Craig Swimming Complex, which also features a wave pool.