HOUSING & REAL ESTATE
Hayden has a wide variety of affordable housing options ranging from many single family homes to some townhouses, duplexes, apartment complexes and live/work units.
For those looking to move to Hayden, there’s a variety of neighborhoods and areas in Town that make for a great place to live. There are four major sections of Town – following is a description of each.
US Highway 40 Corridor & Historic Downtown
This neighborhood runs the length of U.S. Highway 40 and extends north to the rail road tracks and south to the Breeze Basin Road and the base of the Hospital Hill neighborhood. Hayden (incorporated 1906) originally developed in a lot and block grid system, using the flattest, most easily accessible ground. Some of the oldest homes in Hayden are in this section. U.S. Highway 40 doubles as main street, (named Jefferson Avenue) as it runs east/west through town. This downtown area contains most of the commercial development in Hayden.
- Hayden , North Addition to Hayden
- Hayden, Sellers Addition to Hayden
- Original Town of Hayden
- Hayden, Walkers First Addition to Hayden
- Hayden, Adair Addition to Hayden
- Hayden, West Addition to Hayden
- Hayden, Donelson’s Addition to Hayden
Hospital Hill is a largely residential neighborhood located on a prominent hill south and adjacent to Historic Walnut Street and Downtown Hayden. It offers scenic views overlooking downtown. The neighborhood is named from the Solandt Hospital located on the hillside leading up to the neighborhood. While it is no longer a hospital, medical services, including dental, continue to be provided from the facility. This neighborhood was largely built-up in the late 1950s and 1960s and has a mix of single-family and multi-family housing and is well-known for its gardening resources with some residents growing fruit trees, grapes and more. The town cemetery is also located on the east end. Subdivisions in the Hospital Hill area include:
- Walkers Addition to Hayden
- Vista Verde Subdivision (mid-1990s) including Vista Verde Townhomes.
- Valley View Industrial Park (2006) adjacent on the east end of Hospital Hill with warehouse and live/work construction
- Dry Creek Village Subdivision (2008) (approximately ½ mile south of Highway 40 on County Road 37) a newer residential neighborhood is located adjacent and south of the Valley View Industrial Park featuring a neighborhood playground and quick easy commuting access.
Golden Meadows & Lake Villages
Golden Meadows is located south of old town, built-out during the energy boom of the 1970s. Largely single-family homes, there are a few small condominium and townhome projects located in the area. In the last two decades, the majority of residential development interest has occurred in the Golden Meadows area. The Golden Meadows neighborhood includes the West Routt Fire Station, Hayden Valley Elementary, and the Dry Creek Recreation Park adjacent to the Routt County Fairgrounds. No other commercial activity of significance.
The subdivisions in this area include:
- Golden Meadows – located on the southwest side of Hayden, accessed by Harvest Drive and within walkable distance to the Hayden Valley Elementary on Breeze Basin. Approximately .75 miles from downtown.
- Golden Knolls
- Yampa View Estates
- Sagewood (approved in 2002) with 86 lots
- Lake Villages at Hayden (Homeowners Association) located on the southern portion of Hayden, accessed by South Poplar Street and County Road 53 onto Lake View Road. Approximately 1 mile from downtown and in a quiet neighborhood with its own lake and amenities.
The Airport neighborhood is commercially oriented and surrounds and includes the Yampa Valley Regional Airport. The airport was annexed in 1996 and is largely undeveloped except for the airport; an airplane hangar development and a parking garage development.
Hayden is surrounding by a working landscape of ranches and farms and many idyllic residences are just outside of the community.
- East of Town (Breeze Basin) includes Hidden Springs Ranch, accessed on Breeze Basin/County Road 65.
- North of Town (Cog) – The Cog has several small neighborhood along with larger acreage properties. Accessed via North Walnut Street, County Road 80, then County Road 76. The East Cog is the primary housing area with homes that have sweeping views of both the Yampa Valley and Bears Ears to the north. County Road 80 to the West has very large working ranches in a more sheltered location.
- South of Town (Sage Creek and Williams Fork) – many small acreage parcels are located South of Town accessed by County Road 53 (towards the Williams Fork) as well as County Road 37 (also known as Sage Creek)
*Information provided by Amy Williams of Colorado Group Realty; Alicia Doolin of Coldwell Banker Distinctive Properties and the Multiple Listing Service
Alicia Doolin – Coldwell Banker -970-846-6512 or email@example.com
Vonnie Frentress – Colorado Group Realty – 970-846-4372 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack Giessinger – Bear River Realty – 970-276-3392 or email@example.com
Louis Nijsten – All Around Real Estate LLC – 970-819-5587 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristi Stinnett – Stinnett Realty – 970-846-3805 or KKristysworld@aol.com
Amy Williams – Colorado Group Realty – 970-846-8601 or email@example.com